The Foodomics 2024 Poster Competition will be held in the Exhibition Hall at Tākina.
There will be Poster Sessions at Morning Tea on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Please take some time to view the Foodomics Poster Competition and submit your vote for the People’s Choice at the Foodomics registration desk.
Prizes will be announced on Thursday 21 March from 3.30pm.
Foodomics 2024 Poster Competition Guidelines
Foodomics 2024 is showcasing the incredible research taking place across the High-Value Nutrition (HVN) National Science Challenge. It is expected that poster content is appropriately relevant. Projects directly supported by HVN funding should present findings from the associated research.
It is possible to present research that is not directly supported by HVN funding; however, your poster needs to be assessed on a case-by-case basis by the HVN Directorate. If you believe your poster may fall into this category please consult with your supervisor and/or email the HVN Directorate (email@example.com).
- A0 format (portrait)
- 841mm x 1189mm
- Please acknowledge all relevant supporting organisations (i.e., funders, host institutions, collaborating institutions). Failure to acknowledge supporting organisations will be taken into account during judging
Presenting Your Poster
- You must register and attend the conference. Please indicate your intent to present a poster in the registration form.
- Poster presentation sessions will take place during morning tea on Day 1 and Day 2 of the conference:
- Tuesday 19 March: 10.30–11.10am
- Wednesday 20 March: 10–10.30am
- Poster presentations are limited to one poster per registered delegate.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Print your poster in advance. Bring your poster to the conference in order to be considered for the competition. There are no printing facilities at the conference venue.
- Mounting your poster:
- Posters will be presented at the conference by mounting them on poster panels in the Exhibition Hall at Tākina.
- Each competitor will be assigned a number corresponding to a specific poster panel.
- Poster panels and mounting velcro will be provided by HVN at the conference.
- You or a member of your research team will be responsible for mounting your poster and taking it down at the end of the conference.
- A delegate of HVN will be present to ensure posters are mounted properly and that you clear your poster panel at the end of the conference.
- HVN will dispose of any unclaimed posters at the end of the conference.
Tips to maximize the impact of your presentation
- Choose a font type and size that is easy to read when printed out.
- Do not use multiple fonts.
- Choose colour combinations that make text easy to read (e.g., do not use yellow on a white background, or blue on a red background). The same holds true for graphs – select colours wisely.
- Present data clearly. Each figure and table should have a legend. If you are unsure whether a figure or table is clear, ask yourself whether it conveys the key point when viewed on its own.
- Proofread your poster (including, title, authors and supporting organisations).
- Be prepared to answer questions about your research.
Categories and Prizes
Prizes will be awarded from 3.30pm on Thursday 21 March.
Foodomics 2024 Poster Overall Winner
Competitors will be considered in two sub-categories:
- Postgraduate Students
- Post-doctoral Researchers/Research Fellows
The overall winners of the Foodomics 2024 Poster Competition will be selected by an anonymous judge in attendance at the conference.
Criteria used in judging are:
- Appearance (layout, legibility, etc.)
- Content (clarity of key messaging, presentation of results)
- Overall presentation
Foodomics attendees 2024 will be provided with a ballot (one per person) that they will use to vote for their favourite poster. The winner of this category will be determined by a ballot count.
Registration closing date
Friday 9 February 2024
Spaces for posters are limited. Posters will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis until the Friday 9 February 2024.
Register your intent to present a poster on the Foodomics 2024 registration form.
If you have already registered for the conference and you now wish to present a poster at the conference, please indicate your intention to the HVN Directorate at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 9 February 2024.